|Merged||March 28, 2005|
(now part of Nakadomari)
|• Total||151.63 km2 (58.54 sq mi)|
(March 1, 2005)
|• Density||68.48/km2 (177.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
Nakasato Town was located in the center of Tsugaru Peninsula. The area was part of Hirosaki Domain during the Edo period. After the Meiji Restoration, Nakasato Village was created on April 1, 1889. It was elevated to town status on September 1, 1941. On March 1, 1955, it annexed neighboring Uchigata and Takeda villages.
On March 28, 2005, Nakasato, along with the neighboring village of Kodomari (also from Kitatsugaru District), was merged to create the town of Nakadomari, and thus no longer exists as an independent municipality.
The town economy was dominated by agriculture and forestry. The town was served Route 339 (Japan) highway, and by Tsugaru-Nakasato Station, Fukōda Station and Ōzawanai Station on the Tsugaru Line of JR East.